Sunday, February 22, 2009

Alchemy

      I decided to youtube Andrew Jones today. For those of you who've never heard of him, Andrew Jones is a concept artist and a live painter. All of his work is done in front of an audience. I came across this video which shows an introduction to a program called Alchemy. Now for any one who plans on going into the concept art field, runs into artist block, or wants to try new ways of thumbnailing, I suggest you visit the Alchemy main page.  The best part is, it's a free program, sure some people might be upset with the lack of an undo button, or ways to select, but that helps the creative process. 
I suggest you guys give it a little spin, it's still in beta, but it's pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. This is the coolest thing i've seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind I got it to work, I had to download the latest version of Java.

    ReplyDelete