Saturday, February 7, 2009

iWeb

Sven mentioned last night about getting your own domain name and putting your artwork up on a website. I brought a domain name from godaddy.com last month for $9.99 and it comes with free hosting. Now here is where a program such as iWeb 09' comes into play:
iWeb 09' comes on every Mac and is part of iLife 09' (it is also in iLife 08'). It is designed for people who want to make a professional looking website thats easy and fast to make and publish on the web in just seconds! I am using it along with my domain name to put up my own works. For those of you who are intested in learning more about the application I have provided a link to it on Apple's website. I would be more than happy to help any of you learn the program and set up your own website. Just email me @ NYRob94@mac.com or reply to this post. (For those of you who have a mobileme account from Apple they provide you with a domain name and host it for you!)
Hopefully this helps some of you,
Rob

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that is UNBELIEVABLY EASY and fast.
    The Management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually i did, but thanks for re-stating it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much bandwidth is available with the free hosting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just going to cut to the chase and say I suck when it comes to dreamweaver. I still have yet to make a proper site to display my works on and it's a requirement for digital photography to have ur works posted via your website....which I don't have. So I really need to get on this iweb

    ReplyDelete