Monday, November 30, 2009

"Beyond The Night."

I was bored one day so I decided to look up abstract art for sale on ebay that I might be able to buy for cheap. It is called "Beyond the Night" and was created by Sergio Lazo. It was one of the first pieces that caught my eye. I will admit I'm partial to black and white works of art. I think it looks better and I think color sometimes takes away from a work. The rendering of the guitar is great. I find Sergio's obsession of guitars a little odd but he makes some great pieces of art. What I like most about it is the background. The geometric shapes are subtle but provide a better background then a flat background. It also alludes to a cityscape which I'm partial to. The touch of red, although somewhat random, completes this piece. The color draws your eyes across the piece and also, at least for me, makes the background become more visible to the viewer. If it wasn't for the $1,700 price tag, I'd buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment