Sunday, November 29, 2009

Street Preacher



The painting I chose today is by Alex Rubio, a Mexican American artist from San Antonio, Texas. This painting is one of my favorites because it presents a really good combination of colors almost giving the painting a psychedelic effect.
The painting depicts a Mexican street preacher almost making the preacher look like a devil.I enjoy the contrast between the message and the use of colors.
I also like the way the sky resembles like the apocalypse is coming to destroy earth and everyone is turning into a demon, including the most religious people.
What I enjoy the most in this painting is the street preacher and how he is portrayed.He is portrayed as a cholo, a mexican gang member, but he is preaching people and keeping faith alive even in the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment