Friday, November 27, 2009

SEEN



The Piece of Art I choose today was created by SEEN. SEEN is a worldwide known Graffiti artist.His real name is Richard Mirando and he is often acclaimed as the Godfather of Graffiti.
Besides being an acclaimed Graffiti artist, he is also a tattoo artist and a painter.
The painting I chose today is one of my favorites of all time. I believe SEEN's paintings should be more respected and known.
I believe what attracts me the most in this painting is the use of colors and the blending, a technique that he learned when he was a Graffiti artist.I also believe that this painting is a proof that Graffiti should also be consider real art, because it involves emotion, technique and dedication just like any other type of art.
This painting also gives a sense of a wave tide covering the entire graffiti, which I think SEEN did it with an amazing technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment