Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hell



The art piece I choose today was created by the great Hieronymus Bosch. Bosch is one of the most influential painters of all time due to his unique vision of the world.He influenced many artists such as Pieter Brueghel the elder, Salvador Dali and Joan Miro.
The painting belongs to a series of four paintings and the one I choose is entitled "Hell".The other paintings in the series depict the Terrestrial Paradise,the Ascent of the Blessed and the Fall of the Dammed. The paintings were made sometime after 1490 and they are currently located in Palazzo Ducale, in Venice,Italy.
The reason I choose this painting is due to the detail and effort that Bosch put into this painting.Every single person is doing or suffering a different action making this painting different, because most paintings only portray one or two actions in the painting.Bosch had the unique ability to tell various stories in just one painting.
When I look at this painting I feel exactly as if I was in heaven.The color, detail and the strong impact the painting gives to the viewer makes the viewer feel scared and concerned by the people in the painting.The demons and the interaction of them with the humans gives the viewer a image of how awful it must be in hell.When I look at the painting I cannot help feeling scared by the dark, scary and hot environment and torment by demons all the time.This painting is without a doubt the best one from Hieronymus Bosch.

No comments:

Post a Comment