Monday, December 7, 2009


Hieronymus Bosch
1503-1504
Oil on wood, Triptych
220 cm × 389 cm (87 in × 153 in)

This I think might be my favorite. The simplicity and the chaotic areas in the art remind me of my own mind. The ways that life can be simplistic and chaotic at the same time. The triptych is about the beginning, middle, and end of life to Bosch. The art itself is still being looked at and is so detailed that we are actually finding things even today in the art. He created layers of layers of art that some show up and some don’t, but thought the years and people seeing it in different lights bring out the small detail that could not be seen before. That is why I believe this is my favorite, the fact that he did so much that people still look at it for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment